How I Spend Non-Writing Hours

How I Spend Non-Writing Hours

Some days, I just don't have the energy or motivation to write, you know? It happens, especially when you're juggling being a full-time college student or a working mom—life gets busy! Trust me, we all have those days. I've tried sitting down to write, but everything that comes out just seems off. Still, on days when the writing mood is playing hard to get, there are a few tricks I turn to.

Update old photos

I enjoy adding new photos to my old blog posts because it's a fun way to see how much progress I've made in my photography journey. I'm still learning the ropes, and I know my photos aren't top-notch yet, but hey, practice makes perfect, right? I like to tweak things a bit—maybe edit here and there, change the filter on some old photos, or even snap a new one. It's all part of the learning process!

Update my previous posts

I make it a habit to go back and look at my old posts pretty often. Sometimes I find typos or broken links, or just things that don't quite sit right. I end up tweaking a bunch of stuff - fixing typos, changing up the photos, and maybe tweaking the content a bit. I guess I just like doing it because, you know, I'm not the same person I was just two minutes ago!

Planning ahead

I usually jot down a quick post outline about whatever pops into my head. It's really just a rough sketch, without any proper title, because I can always tweak things later. No worries, nobody's going to see it. Honestly, it might seem like a bunch of nonsense and not the prettiest sight, but that's where I uncover a gem of an idea to turn it into a full post. This way, I keep the joy in writing without overthinking. I adore writing, and I definitely don't want to turn something I love into a chore.

Re-read my glory posts

Whenever I'm not in the mood to write, I turn to reading. I enjoy diving into all sorts of content, and one of my favorite things to do is revisit the posts I wrote a while ago. I go through them one by one, and you know what? It gives me a boost of motivation! Reading the comments is a highlight too! It might not be a big deal, but I like to think of it as my little moment of glory, especially since I'm still getting views. Thanks a bunch!

Bloglovin' ftw!

Saving the best for last! Honestly, I've gotta give it to Bloglovin' – their dashboard is way cooler than Blogger's, no doubt. Sorry, Blogger, but you've gotta level up your dashboard game! Bloglovin' feels like my new online playground, where I love to hang out, read amazing blog posts for hours, and just have a blast. Can you blame me? It's too good not to enjoy!

Any favorite pastimes for those non-writing moments?

28 comments

  1. Hey, happy birthday girl! Go outside and treat yourself a nice meal instead (i used to do the same too lol) xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always do no. 1 and 2 too! Btw, happy birthday! Stay pretty and healthy always 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! it's easier to update than to create a new post when i'm not in the mood haha. anyway, thanks Syaza! xx

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! Lenne.
    Mrs. A kalau tak de idea buat WW jer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haa Lenne selalu baca wordless wednesday Mrs.A hehe. btw, thanks Mrs.A! xx

      Delete
  4. HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY LENNE 2 OR 3 MORE YEARS BEFORE YOU GET MARRIED YEAY HAHAHAHAHA <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I definitely need to update some of my old posts. PS Happy birthday! Enjoy your day!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Nicole! and thank you so much for the wish! xx

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday leene :) Mudanya awak. Hihi.

    Siqah selalu buat no #1. Hii. Dan setuju, Dashbord Bloglovin lagi best daripada dashboard blogger. Tambah lagi bila sekarang dah ada new update. I hate it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Siqah! terasa dewasa sgt dah ni Siqah haha.

      i don't like the new blogger interface ugh. login je terus display posts kita, i mean why? overall, memang tak best, tak suka hahaha. hadap bloglovin jelah lepas ni :D

      Delete
  7. Ohhh btw, gambar first tue cantik ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gambar laptop tu ke? it's from a website yg Lenne tak ingat dah nama dia hehe dia bagi free stock photos kalau subscribe to mail list dia :)

      Delete
  8. fuhhh bile takda idea nak post blog ni rasa mcm suatu yg tak kena je, nak update sgt tp no idea. =')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr! rasa bersalah bila tak update but takda mood pulak nak write a new post haha :')

      Delete
  9. hi, first time singgah blog lenne. btw Happy birthday leene !! nice blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Lenne :) Miss you more ! Hehehe. Sorry lama tak update blog. Kemalasan melanda diri ini + takda topic yang nak diceritakan. Hehe. Btw dah open balik blog for public ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Fatin! yesss, rindu tau! hehe it's okay i know you're busy with work. now i can stalk you! hehe :D

      Delete
  11. Great tips (:

    https://loreliejoy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I noticed Bloglovin is heaven but still I am yet to find my kind of reading material. I always looked for local's blog and the circles were the same. Sometime I just sat with my smartphone and go through blogs in Bloglovin. Blogger are so lame for not having their own apps as well!!

    // afifahaddnan

    ReplyDelete