How Did I Begin Blogging

Hey there, gorgeousness! Gather 'round because I've got a blast from my past to share with y'all.

Picture this: It was way back when I was a spry 13-14-year-old, and I got hit by this wild idea. You see, everyone around me was diving into the blogging craze, and I couldn't help but feel like I was missing out.

It wasn't so much peer pressure as it was good ol' FOMO, you know what I mean? Plus, I practically lived on the internet, soaking in all those articles and posts. It got me thinking, "Why not give this whole blogging thing a whirl?"

And just like that, I birthed my very own blog! I swear, it happened faster than a bolt of lightning LOL.

I can still vividly recall those falling snow effects, those links that looked like they'd been dipped in rainbows, and those blogs decked out in the sweetest shades of pink. And let's not forget about Blogskin—oh boy, that was the absolute bee's knees back in the day! 

How Did I Begin Blogging

Anyway, I think this is worth dropping in here. So, you know how I mentioned I jumped into the whole blogging gig because I practically lived on the internet, right? Well, the other half of the story involves me scrolling through my friend's endless stream of lovey-dovey blog posts about her boyfriend.

I thought she was absolutely killing it, and a little thought bubble popped up in my head: "Hey, why not give it a shot too?" So, naturally, I did just that. I mean, I'm easily swayed and intrigued, what can I say?

Well, I kicked things off feeling pretty 'meh,' and my blog was all about, you know, the usual stuff – a day in my life (or lack thereof wink), my not-so-thrilling love life (cue the dramatic cough), and, well, that pretty much summed it up. Think of it as my virtual journal/diary, a place where I spilled my thoughts and feelings.

Skip ahead to today, and here I am, blogging away just to spill my thoughts, trade stories, and connect with like-minded people. And if I ever hang up my blogger hat, I'd love to regale my kids with stories of their mom's blogging adventures.

Beyond that, I thrive on mingling with the amazing souls in this incredible world. This is my digital playground, where I've soaked up knowledge, tripped over a few errors, and rubbed virtual elbows with some seriously cool bloggers, among other things.

What does blogging mean to me now?

Blogging has been my jam for as long as I can remember. And yeah, I get it, some people out there might think it's a bit of a money pit – and honestly, they're not entirely wrong haha! I mean, there are moments when I'm dropping cash on makeup products just so I can whip up a review for you all. But you know what? It's a passion thing, and I don't mind splurging my hard-earned money on it. It's my way of expressing myself and sharing my thoughts with the world.

Deep down, I know I'm not exactly THE blogger yet, and I'm not quite ready to take the plunge and turn this into a full-fledged career. But man, wouldn't it be amazing to make a living out of blogging someday? That's the dream!

Well, when all's said and done, I'm absolutely over the moon about my blog right now! I've got my own little corner of the internet, I'm rocking it with thousands of views per month (that's IN-SANE!), and I've connected with a bunch of awesome people I didn't even know were out there. And trust me, I could keep this list rollin' all day.

So, I guess that's a wrap for now, but I hope you had a blast reading this ride. I'm itching to pump out more posts in the future and stay on the grind, even with my crazy college life hustles, 'cause this blog ain't just some side gig – it's a passion project! ;)

What is your blogging story? How did it all start?

32 comments

  1. hey lenne, i start a blog just to test my writing abilities.. i like reading blog but never dare to own one... so some sort of self challenging giteww... but its to topup my wallet in case of emergency too =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello zety! it's good to know how you started it all. keep it up and keep blogging gurl! i love your writings <3

      Delete
    2. Aw, you're being sweet hehe. thank you zety :)

      Delete
  2. I was introduced Blogger by one of my friend. Since then, I update almost everything about my life and love stories on my blog. Haha. I learned a lot of good things from being a Blogger, meet and make friends with new people and more. It feels so great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr. been there. it was like nothing to talk about back then apart from our life and love LOL -_- btw, it's awesome to know that syaza! keep blogging :)

      Delete
  3. eh have pretty similar story as you on how i start blogging, hobi sebab spend too much time online lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bila dah main internet je 24/7 confirm nak try benda2 baru kan, that's why lah buat blog LOL

      Delete
  4. Hi lenne.

    i used to have 3 blogs with a different purpose and i have deleted 2 of em so tinggal 1. Writing is not my passion but i love to keep all the memories of my life on something yg senang utk i baca balik. Dulu, ada boyfriend pun harus ada blog because i want to show him how i feel about our relationship. LOL, jiwang namatey. Then we broke up, kena la delete blog sekali sebab tak nak ingat cerita lama.

    Bila makin dewasa, rasa makin relaks. Blogging just for fun and sharing thoughts.
    That's all.

    You take care . =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi zhi! aw, been there done that LOL. why dulu i fikir people deserve to know everything about my love life haih. btw, good to know all that stuff zhi. keep blogging <3

      Delete
  5. Fatin start blogging sebab baru kenal dengan blogger2 famous time tu. Tengok blog diorang, macam eh best la pulak menaip entri kat blog ni. Tu yang terciptanya blog ni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ikr! dulu-dulu tengok orang buat blog post, rasa macam nak jugak buat blog post hehehe :D

      Delete
  6. Hai Lenne!! Azwar start berblog since form 5 lagi, pada awalnya memang story about myself, hometown, and share everything in my mind. Bila ada yang bagi respond, rasa best pula menaip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi azwa! Woah, lama jugak eh dah berkecimpung dalam dunia blog hehe. Part orang bagi respond tu memang betul! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lenne ! Start ada rasa nak ada blog sendiri, dulu, sebab suka sangat menulis dan inspired dengan blogger2 yang blog diorang superb lawo. Tapi sekarang dah kurang nak menulis. Dan sekarang sebab dah sambung study, I cant find anyone yang saya boleh tell em everything so here comes the idea on start blogging again :) Plus, dlm berblogging i can make new friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi shafiqa! you're right. kita ni easily inspired dengan blogger2 awesome kat luar sana hehe. me, myself pun macam tu dulu but in my case, my friend lah yg buat i rasa nak berblog. keep blogging aye, i love reading your blog!

      Delete
  9. hi lenne, eyja start blog masa form 4. masa tu duduk asrama, so blog ni mcm diary la kalau stress ke apa cite kt blog hahah ni semua influence dr kwn2 jugak sebab semua suka blogging time tuh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi eyja! macam sama pulak kes kita ni, pape hal semua cite kat blog LOL. masa tu budak budak lg kot. best lah ada kawan yg suka berblog jugak sbb lenne tak banyak pun yg suke berblog ni, sorang dua je hehe

      Delete
  10. Gambateee! :D

    Me always that kind of lazy blogger, but now updating weekly, just for the sake to improve writing in english. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah, weekly huh? i only blog bila betul betul ada masa >< it's good for you btw, practice makes perfect :)

      Delete
  11. Loves blogging lifestyle so much ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. bile masuk uni baru sedar blog not only ur diary life :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, you can blog just about anything dah sekarang :)

      Delete
  13. so i baru start blogging since hbis f5,,bosn sgt,tu trfikir nk buat blog,tp x bebrapa mahir lg,newbie😂

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally get you. Uni life can so hectic and fills with dateline. What got me into blogging is the idea of sharing and expressing. People use blog to express themselves...whether it is a love story, life update, List of things they want to achieve, or things they love, beauty tips, shopping haul, and so on. It is a platform where people open up and express themselves giving glimpse of their true-selves and i love blogs that i'm able to see their personality being put.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. soooo true! bloglovin is my best friend if i want to read something that is worth reading. they are all inspires me, i wanna be like them.

      Delete
  15. started 100% blogging about personal life. baca balik entry lama-lama, feel like nak gelak kat diri sendiri, dengan bahasanya... hahaha. goin to delete all that. lol. and I'm trying to improve my blog. hope I can^^

    I love your blog anyway. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! it was all about me back then and when i tried to re-read them all, i cringed lol. that's why i deleted my older blog and thank god i did it. best jugak rasanya like you have to start all over again kan, start from the bottom and rasa fresh gitu hehe.

      btw thanks Edrina! x

      Delete