What's New In My Skincare

I have recently had a little declutter where I got rid of things that were not for me anymore and bought some products I really wanted to try. So I thought I'd share with you what's new in my skincare.

A few weeks ago I picked up a facial scrub from Syahirah skincare. Syahirah is a Malaysian skincare brand that is easily accessible in most Malaysian drugstores. Their products are also free from non-halal ingredients so that's great for their Muslim consumers.

What's New In My Skincare | LENNE ZULKIFLLY

Anyway, back to the main point. I picked up the Syahirah Korean Secrets Hydra Soft Facial Scrub which retails for about RM13.90 for 100g of product and it also comes in a smaller size containing 50g of product that retails for about RM6.90.

The reason why I picked up this scrub was that, well, I ran out of facial scrub of course. Just kidding! I can't help it, it has attractive packaging but it's not mainly because of that. I was intrigued by the "Korean Secrets" and I love the fact that it's formulated in Korea. If you don't already know, Korea is really serious with their skincare game and they are not playing around.

This scrub has tiny beads that are gentle to the skin. The texture resembles the previous facial scrub I used from Organic Aid. It doesn't irritate my skin, it doesn't break me out so far and my skin feels squeaky clean without the tightness feeling afterwards. It's really hydrating, hence the name.

Side note, when I look up the ingredients online, it contains methylparaben and propylparaben which is something that bothers me. However, that's not the case in the back of the product I bought. I guess they did a new formulation and cancel out the ingredients that would be a concern to some people? I may have to talk to them about this. Anyway, it's a great product and I am enjoying it so far.

Apart from that, I also picked up a serum! It's the Wardah C-Defense with Vitamin C Serum. Wardah is also a local brand that just hit the market. They have lots of skincare items and makeup too. I have tried their lipsticks and they're pretty impressive. I thought I would give this one a try because I have read a couple of beauty accounts on Twitter raved about it and is good for the oily-skin gal.

It retails for about RM32 for 17ml of product, if you're wondering. I am not sure, is it just my brain or does this product really just shrunk my "active" pimples? That was one of the immediate thoughts I had after having been using it for a day. A day. Now that I have been using it for about a week or so, I can tell that my pimples are lessening, my skin feels smoother and less oily! I think I have found a gem.
So, what's new to your skincare?
Follow:
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram

6 comments

  1. nothing new in my skincare routine, just becoming so lazy nowadays to even scrub my face -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once or twice a week is all you really need. If you've been slacking in your skincare routine and still have a nice, flawless skin, you're so lucky! I really can't skip any of my routine though

      Delete
  2. Just bought PURE BEAUTY Pure Beauty White & Bright Day Lotion SPF 20 and White & Bright Night Cream.

    I don't know if it's just me, or the products don't really suit me because I can feel that a pimple is going to pop out! T_T

    The reason why I bought these are because my skin feels a little bit dry. After trying these products, especially the day lotion, my skin becomes quite shiny. Sometimes oily to dry :(

    Maybe because of hormones. I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pure Beauty skincare is quite impressive babe. I really like it but whatever that works for me, may or may not work on you. That's just how our skin are made of. I'd say just give it a try for a month or two more and see if there's any positive changes. Sometimes it depends on the range of product too, there's just so many factors. Just stay hydrated lah, don't forget to drink enough water k it's very important xx

      Delete
  3. To have new skincare meaning to have new routine meaning you have to be rajin enough and I'm not that rajin haha. But I do plan to have new skincare though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be rajin babe lol I am aiming to be pimple-free sebenarnya. Really nak jaga muka, maintain dengan routine and drink lots of water hehe :D

      Delete