Catrice The Essential Nude Eyeshadow Palette

I have had this palette for quite some time, I mean like a very long time ago. I have been meaning to do a review but I just never really try to make one. But here it is! I have been using it religiously and I have gathered my overall thoughts about this palette. This is The Essential Nude Eyeshadow Palette by Catrice | RM26

Catrice The Essential Nude Eyeshadow Palette | LENNE ZULKIFLLY

I got it because it was pretty promising, it is budget-friendly and when I swatched it, I was like, "Wow, I think I'm gonna get this one". Here's the thing, I guess drugstore eyeshadow palettes are not my thing because some of them are a pure disappointment. However, that is not the case with this one. Keep on reading to know my thoughts about it!

Packaging

For such an affordable brand, to begin with, I think this packaging looks pretty high-end than they actually are. Though it is made of plastic, it is so sturdy! It contains no mirror but I never really mind that. And it comes with no sponge applicator, which I do not mind either I am gonna use my own brush anyway. Also, they included tips with images on how to use this product on the back of the packaging, and that is absolutely convenient for beginners.

Texture/ pigmentation

You get nine eyeshadows in total that consist of three shimmery shades and six matte eyeshadows.  They are buttery and soft to the touch, especially the shimmer ones! Those are my favorites. The matte ones are great for transition and just an all-over-the-lid shade. The colour range is kinda earthy-toned and I think this palette works great for beginners too. They cannot go wrong with these types of shades.

Pigmentation-wise, I have no issue with it. I am pleasantly surprised and they are long-wearing too! But something to bear in mind is that they are quite powdery and have a lot of fallout, especially the dark shades. To be honest, at first, blending was quite an issue with these. Nothing major but there was a lot of building up, a lot of blending but you can make it work once you got the hang of it! 

Other than that, this palette is gorgeous.

pros:

Budget-friendly
Pigmented
Velvety soft shades
Long-wearing
Beginner-friendly
Workable and buildable
Suitable-for-everyday colour 

cons:

Too powdery
Have a lot of fallout
Always out-of-stock

Catrice The Essential Nude Eyeshadow Palette | LENNE ZULKIFLLY

Verdict

Overall, I think The Essential Nude Eyeshadow Palette by Catrice is great. You get what you paid for. For that price range, you cannot expect much but it is not half bad. I am still reaching for it every time I want a natural hint of color on the lids. And if you love natural, neutral shades, then I think the Catrice The Essential Nude Eyeshadow Palette would be a nice one to own.
Have you tried this palette?

3 comments

  1. Bab-bab eyeshadow ni memang tak reti laa 😂 tapi color dia cantik, tak over sangat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenne pun takda lah reti sangat 😅 basic skill je tu hehe. Color dia memang natural je, siapa yg tak berani sangat pakai pop of color kat mata, palette ni Lenne recommend sangat 😊

      Delete
  2. Hello,

    Oh, lovely !

    Sarah, http://www.sarahmodeee.fr/

    ReplyDelete