Things I'm Doing Differently in 2018

My goal this year is to be genuinely happy despite any flaws I encounter in life. I'm done faking my happiness. I'm done having to follow the lead of everybody. I don't have to have what everyone has in order to be happy. That's not what happiness is. I just want to maintain a positive outlook on life and remain at peace. I'm hitting that 'pause' button to improve my life in 2018, to make 2018 the best year yet. Here are the things I'm doing differently this year:

Don't hold grudges

I have always wanted to brush off this negativity in me. It's not healthy. I guess, in this year, I understand that it's better to forgive and forget. Holding grudges never bring any good and I think to myself, why do I let anyone that has wronged me have power over me? This is the year of sincerity, forgiveness, and happiness. Let's do this!

Go to sleep when I'm actually tired

Tell me, how often are we about to fall asleep on the couch because we're feeling lazy? Or better yet, just go straight to bed because we don't feel like doing anything? Oh boy, I have done this countless times. I want to make a difference now. I will only go to sleep when I'm actually tired, not lazy. It's time to remind myself that I will wake up feeling refreshed after a good night's sleep. That way, I'm able to start my day 'fully charged', energized, and happy.

Start journaling

I'm currently starting to journal again. I have stopped for quite some time though. Actually, I have continued journaling since the very end of last year which was in November 2017. I wrote about my feelings, how I feel that day etc. It felt good. That calmness and peaceful feeling just came right back again. It helps me to understand what's really going on with me and just put things into perspective. It feels like therapy and it will always be.

Things I'm Doing Differently in 2018


Start saving and budgeting

I have always wanted to save for many years already but my cheapskate-but-still-want-to-spend-huge-amount-of-money-ass always came in the way. However, not this year. And I will make it happen. I have already started 'slowly but surely' to save and do a little budgeting here and there. I can already see a tiny difference though. I'm happy with the progress I'm making. I want to save more this year, control my spending, and not have 20 ringgit left in my bank account at the end of every month.

Choose friends wisely and keep my circle small

It's important to surround yourself with optimistic people. They will encourage you to achieve your goals, they encourage you to move forward and they're your source of spirit. They always spread positivity and teach you to actually feel good about yourself. I love this kind of person. I don't have to have plenty of them. 2 or 3 is already enough for me. If you have this kind of people in your life, cherish them, take care of them and be happy <3

Start each day with a cup of water

Oh boy, there is just so much your body can benefit from drinking water. It hydrates the body, gives energy, etc. The stuff you consume will reflect on the outside. Your skin will glow, your body will look extra fine and your lips will thank you, just by drinking water. I'm slowly cutting sugary drinks on a daily basis. Maybe every once in a while should be fine because sista has her cravings and it's insane.

Don't stress over the small stuff

If this ever happens to me again (which, it will always be), I will ask myself, "Will this problem matter a year from now?" Life is too short to stress over something so little and wouldn't even have an impact on our lives. I just want to be relaxed and handle things at peace. What are these wrinkles? I don't need them.

Meditate

I will meditate and schedule some "me" time every now and then. In the middle of my hectic but not interesting life, I tend to forget to look after myself. I will have some "me" time and meditate to find inner peace. That's what matters the most. Inner. If you have such a chaotic situation going on on the inside, please meditate. I like to take long walks or go for a long drive in the middle of the night where there's barely anyone. There's when I empty my mind and I will find inner peace and happiness. Let's live happily and calm our nerves.

Live minimally

This year, I just want to live minimally, have everything in a smaller and simpler unit. Extra belongings around the house are what weigh me down and I feel so overwhelmed by them. I want to live simply and enjoy things at a minimal and moderate pace. I have said it before that I don't have to have what everyone has in order to be happy :)
What are the things you will be doing differently this year?

20 comments

  1. Love all the list especially the first one. I realise I hold grudge a bit lately. Discover the reason but seems it is not easy to release it go. Haha. Fighting2 both of us!

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT IS NOT easy to let go. I'm trying my best too, it keeps coming back somehow. But, I guess I have to try harder hehehe. Fighting2 :)

      Delete
  2. Talking about friends, it's always the most hardest part to choose the right one. Because the one that comes take advantages on us. Till now, I still can't puzzle why am I in this situation & why am I being too nice to people that arent worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe, just remind yourself that at the end of the day it's all you. It's all about you, yourself. It's the beginning of new chapter, don't let anyone take advantage of you anymore. Okay? You know yourself better and don't waste your time with those kind of people <3

      Delete
  3. Banyak perkara Mai kena ubah untuk pastikan 2018 lebih productive, hihi. Very inspiring post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's be productive together! Hehehe thank you Mai :)

      Delete
  4. Semoga apa yang awak ingin lakukan Insha Allah akan dipermudahkan..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenne , I like the picture . Cantik !!!

    Nway, yes that’s true girl . Hold grudges not good for ourself . Just let go every negativity and you should be happy. Show the people that do mean to you see that you are happy and doesn’t matter what they do to you. And, later on they will move on never do bad things to you again.

    Me too !!! Let’s save more . We can do it !!

    Really a good post,Lenne.

    And , happy new year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it even more! Pretty, right?

      It's never healthy for the soul. It's often bothering and I don't want that anymore. I'm trying to let go, to forgive those who has wronged me in the past. I've done my part and let them and Allah do the rest :)

      Save and then can shop banyak banyak later hihihi.

      Thank you so much. You can make a version of yours! I would like to read <3 Happy new year, Nadiah! x

      Delete
  6. I want to start saving as well. Since masuk degree, i dont know why i keep wasting my money on things i dont need hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not alone! Kita sama hihihi. Sometimes, susah nak get rid of impulse buying tau. Not good for my bank account haha!

      Delete
  7. Put a water bottle next to your bed so that when you wake up, you can drink water first. Let's drink plenty of water and cut sugary drink together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I'm doing. I will always have water bottle next to me so I can reach it the moment I woke up :)

      Delete
  8. Great post! I really like 'Don't stress about the small stuff..' and to start journaling I think that's be very therapeutic. Xx

    Juliet
    Www.sciencebehindbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will not let stress or small stuff ruin my day this year. And yes, journaling is so therapeutic xx

      Delete
  9. i love reading this kind of post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. " Don't hold grudges and don't stress over the small stuff " totally a great for you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bab saving tu kan. mcm errr. haha. busyra ni agak boros sikit. tp yahhh! tahun ni kena kuat dan kental. jgn boros sngt busyraaaa! hehe

    ReplyDelete