I Turned 21 Yesterday

Let me start off everything by saying I celebrated my birthday by sleeping and giving myself the break that I needed and deserved. That sounded so sad haha! But for real though. I then had the best meal in the whole wide world that I forgot to take pictures for the blog. And then tried a bunch of new, cool makeup at Sephora too. I was having a good time. That's pretty much it. 

Okay, I kind of has mixed feelings about being 21. Just growing older in general. There's just this sad feeling that I'm growing older and in my mind saying, "there's no way to stop that". And don't get me started on some pressure about the number of responsibilities and commitments I'm going to have. I'm certainly not ready for that phase in life. 

I have always been scared of the future. I'm so anxious about it. Like you don't know what would happen. Will it turns out great or the other way around? You have no idea. But that doesn't mean I don't strive to make my future look great. Trust me, I'm trying and it takes shit loads of effort and hard work.

I Turned 21 Yesterday
Well, now that I have all of this in my mind, in order to 'neutralize' it, I need to feel some contentedness. I do feel content. I'm alive, I'm happy with my life, even though I could live a happier one but that's a different story. I have all of my favorite persons with me and a Dean's lister for 4 semesters straight? I'm not complaining. I have my beautiful baby blog which I'm proud of even though I'm really struggling to be as active as I can be. There's so much to list and I'm just going to say I'm happy and thankful. 

I have come to realize that these feelings have given me a picture of what exactly I wish to do and want to be. I have some resolutions ready for the coming year that I would like to actually accomplish. Wish me luck! 

Okay, it's clear that this is just a quick little update from me who's growing old and not really liking it. I have to put up something or else people might think I'm dead. Haha! But what really matters is I'm breathing and blessed, right? I'm grateful enough.

What are your thoughts on growing older?

14 comments

  1. Happy birthday Lenne!!! Growing older make me stress thinking about the responsibility and wrinkle on my face :( but I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We sure are not ready for the responsibilities lol. As for the wrinkles, girl you're always pretty regardless them wrinkles k xx

      Delete
  2. Let's look forward to get some precious moments in this world despite having fear and worry with growing older.

    Happy belated birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allahuma aamiin. In shaa Allah everything will be alright. Thanks for the wish! xx

      Delete
  3. i hope it is not too late to wish a happy birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY GIRL and all the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday lenne. Same birthdate with my dad. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything's gonna be okay. in shaa Allah

    hi jmput la join n meriahkan segmen GA kt sini

    http://www.raydahalhabsyi.com/2017/11/comeback-giveaway-by-raydah-alhabsyi.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might be late, but Happy Belated Birthday Lenne! No worries, you still young & I'm going to turn 21 soon juga in a month xD lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much girl!! It's okay to be late than never <3

      Delete
  7. responsibilities are what I am anxious about when getting older. Everything we do, we decide need to be done with cautions and think about all possible consequences. I learned that we need to plan for the future but don't put too high expectation that everything we planned is going to happen. Sometimes, things we thought are good for us can be so bad actually. T_T

    Anwyayyyy, happy belated birthday dear! :D sorry lambattt, taktahu hehe dan tak berkesempatan nak blogging lately. Take care!

    hanisamanina.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeayy. Happy 21st! Stay pretty. May ALLAH ease you everything dear :)

    ReplyDelete