Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation

Hello, gorgeousness! I will be reviewing the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation for you guys today. I know I am kinda late on this bandwagon but let me just say that this foundation is now available in my country. YASSS. I can't help it and immediately went and purchased it. Here's the deal, I'm nowhere near finishing my Sephora 10HR Wear Perfection Foundation (currently on my second bottle) but I was in need of a great drugstore option because I just don't see myself continuously repurchasing an RM78 foundation.

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation | Lenne Zulkiflly

This foundation retails for RM49.90 and it could be cheaper or pricier depending on which drugstore you buy them at. Anyway, it's available at Watsons, Guardian and online. Without any further ado, let's begin!

Maybelline claims:

"This lightweight foundation mattifies and refines pores and leaves a natural, seamless finish. Ideal for normal to oily skin, our exclusive matte foundation formula features micro-powders to control shine and blur pores. Pore-minimizing foundation. Dermatology tested. Allergy tested. Non-comedogenic (products that are specially formulated to not cause any blocked pores)"

Packaging

The packaging is, unfortunately, something that I dislike. Why? Because it doesn't have a pump. It contains no pump which makes it inconvenient for application. I have to carefully pour some product out on the back of my hand and apply it with my beauty blender.

Shade match & colour payoff

I am in the shade 220 Natural Beige, which is my ideal and perfect shade. I was so sceptical between shade 220 and 230 at first. I don't know what shade to get because the lighting there wasn't the best. After swatching for hundred times, I am so glad I picked 220 because 230 actually was too orange for my skin tone. I have a neutral undertone but 220 is perfect for me and I noticed it didn't oxidize that much on me. Thank goodness!

Formula & coverage

The formula is matte, creamy, and smooth. It's not that runny but not too thick either when I pour a little on the back of my hand, which means it's a slightly lightweight foundation. In my opinion, it has a nice consistency, blends seamlessly, and is not cakey. It doesn't crease much on me, not patchy whatsoever. I absolutely love it when I wear this foundation, it feels like I am having a good makeup day. That's all I can say.

As far as coverage goes, it has light to medium coverage. The coverage is buildable and you can definitely layer it up to full coverage but it might get cakey on some people. I usually build it up depending on my mood. I just love the fact that this foundation is customizable to your needs. Y'know what I mean? 

Longevity

I am pleased to say that the staying power is super impressive. I can safely say that this foundation can last up to 12 hours of wear and it didn't turn me into an absolute greasy mess as I would when I wear the Sephora foundation. Make no mistake, I did get oily with this foundation but nothing major, I would say. I'm an oily gal, it's normal for me to get a little oily around my T-zone. I'm just pleasantly surprised that I'm not much of an oil slick with the Fit Me foundation. 

Pros:

Matte but not a flat matte finish
Comfortable on the skin for more than 10 hours
Great staying power
Lightweight
Blurs pores
Doesn't oxidize on me
Buildable
Photographs well
Non-cakey
Doesn't crease that much

Cons:

Inconvenient packaging
My shade is always sold out
Not recommended for people with dry patches

Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Foundation | Lenne Zulkiflly

Verdict

I think I have found my holy grail foundation! This is all I have been using every day for the past few weeks and I can safely say that I would repurchase this foundation. I wouldn't mind spending 50 ringgit on a foundation because the quality is comparable to high-end ones. Overall, this is a great foundation for people with oily and normal skin types. I absolutely recommend it if you're looking for a long-wearing, buildable and matte foundation that wouldn't break the bank.

*Please note that some links used in this post are affiliated links, which allows me to earn a small commission when you buy the product using my link. No commission is earned through clicking links, no worries. I'm not being paid to mention any specific brand in this post, it's purely my own honesty and experience. Thank you for your support~
Have you tried this foundation? Do you like it?

12 comments

  1. Baru nampak foundation ni kat Watsons hari tu. nampak menarik jugak! Siqah nak cuba nanti tapi tunggu foundation sekarang habis. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memang betul betul puas hati pakai foundation ni Siqah. Lenne pun ada jual jugak foundation ni hihi just to let you know. Sometimes kat drugstore selalu oos and shade pun tinggal yg utk deeper skin tones je.

      Delete
  2. I want this so bad! Gotta go and buy these baby at any drugstores asap. Hopefully there still some left. Have you tried Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation? Which is better either those two? 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order from me if you want! Hehehe. I haven't tried any Bourjois's foundation before so I can't really help T.T But I guess both of them are equally great :)

      Delete
    2. Really, how much you jual? It's okay, I thought you have tried it before. Hehe I heard about it too and I don't know which one to grab now 😊

      Delete
    3. I've requested to follow you on twitter! 😄 I guess we can chat more there~

      Delete
  3. nampak macam menarik tapi Nadia tak pandai pakai foundation . Foundation tak pernah ada . Nadia suka pakai BB cream . BB cream dgn foundation lain kan ? Hihi ...

    Tapiiii, baca dkt atas , even lenne review packaging nya glass and breakable . Nadia rasa suka lah dgn packaging nya nampak exclusive hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup berbeza hehe but function dia sama je sebagai makeup base. Dulu Lenne prefer BB cream over foundation sbb dia ringan. But as time goes, Lenne nak coverage pulak so beralih kepada foundation hehe 😄

      Nampak exclusive but I just don't trust myself with glass products hahaha but memang nampak cantik for display and all :)

      Delete
    2. Ohhh Bb cream and foundation quite similar but diffierent mcm tue . Baru faham =)

      Delete
  4. I got mine too! Really love the coverage and it is long lasting. I prefer guna dgn beauty blender sbb finishing lagi flawless gittew hehe. Other than that I really hate it doesn't come with a pump. Super messy bila nak apply since it is liquidy.

    I think i will use this foundation sampai bile2 haha

    Atheera / http://atheeradayana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I purchased this foundation! I'm not reaching other foundations ever since I got this haha. I like to use it with beauty sponge too. It blends like a dream! But the only drawback is it doesn't have a pump right? Always a minus in my eyes T.T

      Delete
  5. Light to medium coverage je eh.. Huhu.. Still looking for a foundation yang medium to high coverage maybe.. Sebab fatin ada redness (parut merah-merah) kat area pipi. Foundation ni sesuai tak untuk combination-to-dry-skin?

    ReplyDelete