Beauty Products I Hate

I actually don't like to use the word hate but it's part of the idea and I have seen bloggers do this kind of post so. Being someone who is obsessed with beauty products, trying and testing them out means coming across products that I love and "oh so incredible" and also products that I less love that is a no-go. So today, I decided to share with you a few products specifically from the drugstore that I hate and regret buying them.

Beauty Products I Hate
Disclaimer: This is a hundred per cent my honest and true opinion so please don't get offended if you love these products. I'm still new to this type of post. What can I say? Different things work for different people. BTW, this post contains endless rants, so please bear with me. 

Catrice Waterproof Eyeliner Pen

OMG. I seriously want this product to work out but no bueno. Okay, first thing first. It's somehow difficult to apply, I mean I had a tough time achieving my wing liner with this bad boy. It has a weird tip to me and it didn't want to work out. The product also doesn't want to come out of the tube, it seems empty even though I just bought it. I don't know, maybe I got the bad one or the expired one? I don't know. You actually have to press harder to get the product out and that just messes up your whole look.

The eyeliner also has a weak staying power. You know I have a long day at school so I want my liner to stay put throughout the whole day but NAH. It disappears into the thin air. Maybe because I have a greasy eyelid but a lot of waterproof eyeliners I have tried in the past never disappear like that. By the time I reached home and go to the bathroom to check my face out, the liner is all gone and that's not cute.

I just don't have anything positive to say about this eyeliner. It's such a crappy product that dries out too quickly and doesn't want to work out and I don't recommend you guys grab this eyeliner. Better save your money even though this is not pricey, but better splurge on something that works well. I know IN2IT and Maybelline have quite a number of dreamy eyeliners. Check them out instead and don't buy this.

Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks

I bought these about a year I believe. I got them on sale so lots of good deals going on back then BUT these are the worst. It's not just I'm not getting any pigment but they are just too chalky, sheer and tough to blend. It has a very rough texture, it's weird. Once you get the product on your eyes, every single colour will look the same.

They have a very low staying power too. It stays on me for like a couple of hours and then they start to fade. I wouldn't recommend any of these because they are just not that great in quality. I really wished it has a creamy texture and melts into your skin type of texture, it would have definitely been a hit for me. Maybelline has some really creamy and pigmented eyeshadows to try out!

IN2IT BB Makeup Cream 5 in 1

Don't get me wrong, I love the brand, I'm digging their eyeliners, blushers and lip products. They are incredible. But this one is just a no-no. It's a BB cream so I expected it to perform comfortably on the skin, be lightweight and be easy to blend but it doesn't do any of that. The consistency is pretty thick almost like a foundation and it doesn't want to blend well. I do get a lot of patchiness using this BB cream and it looks terrible and super cakey in some areas. It also accentuates my fine lines and my smile lines after applying for a few minutes and that's not cute.

They also carry like 2 or 3 shades in this range which is a shitty shade range. Overall, it's not a good BB cream at all, it's a strong pass. I wouldn't recommend it to you guys. Go for Maybelline instead. You can't go wrong with Maybelline.

I guess that's all for now. I hope I didn't offend anyone, it's just my opinion and don't you think it's good to actually be honest about the products you hate? All in all, I definitely wouldn't repurchase any of these craps and I hope this post helped you any other way!

*Please note that some links used in this post are affiliated links, which allows me to earn a small commission when you buy the product using my link. No commission is earned through clicking links, no worries. I'm not being paid to mention any specific brand in this post, it's purely my own honesty and experience. Thank you for your support~
Has anyone tried any of these products? What other disappointing drugstore beauty products would you highlight?

6 comments

  1. Silkygirl Magic BB White Chiffon Power Foundation. It should be shine-free buttttt.... It makes my skin looks oily. My skin even look very shiny in pictures. Nasib baik murah -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried that but I read a lot of mixed reviews haha

      Delete
  2. For me, it's one of essence punya mascara. I can't remember the name but it actually makes me look like a black metal gang lol bila pakai lama lama jadi hitam bawah mata and susah betul hilang even dah pakai makeup remover.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when mascaras do that. The one from silkygirl, the eye opener one is pretty similar but nothing major though that's why I keep using it until now :)

      Delete
  3. IN2IT BB Cream tu fatin pernah beli dulu, sebab ingatkan boleh atasi masalah kulit berminyak fatin ni. Dulu lah. Hehe. Tapi dah lama-lama dia jadi bercapuk pulak and I hate it so much ! Sekarang go for bourjouis paris air matt foundation tu. But now terpaksa pakai moisturizer pulak sebab muka fatin macam agak kering sikit :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sama lah! So patchy and nampak tak lawa pakai ugh sayang je beli

      Delete