Hi everyone! Oh. My. God. It's been such a long time since I last posted. The past weeks have been quite busy but I also need to admit it was due to minor laziness that this blog went abandoned for quite some time. I might be dramatic but life and school literally has no mercy on me. Really. I had tons of post ideas in my head, but...
- Life gets in the way. What can I say. Life gets in the way 24/7 and you do know blogging is something that takes time. It take lots of it.
- Too much pressure. I have to admit that I sometimes feel like I have to blog, as if it were a job or a chore. It just makes the whole thing become less fun. I keep making those "I don't feel like blogging" or "I'm not in the mood today" excuses, you know what I'm saying. This is not a good sign.
- I feel like I have not good enough post ideas. Although I have tons of them in my head, I keep thinking "Does it worthy to talk about?" or "Will someone actually read it?" until I have come to the level where I overthink about it. It's just a post BTW.
- Not having enough time. This is legit one of the biggest reasons why I have fallen into a huge slump. Sometimes life gets really busy and when that just continuously happens, there is just not enough time to blog.
Now you know why I have fallen into a big blogging slump. However, there are always ways to escape from the slump and make it up to my dearest blog because I abandoned it. I actually like to...
- Read blogs that inspire me. For this part, I have to say Bloglovin' is the answer. Haha. Nothing new. Even if I don't feel like blogging, looking at other posts that I like somehow helped me to get my blogging mojo back. Bloggers like Nicole from The Glam Surge, Jasmine from Jasmine Talks Beauty , Erin from Make Erin Over and Erin (again) from Erin Azmir are definitely my huge inspiration! Not only they have the coolest and prettiest theme, they also have tons of killer posts.
- Take a break. Honestly speaking, taking a break from blogging is 100% okay. Sometimes I get a little too overwhelmed, exhausted and I just don't have the right time. I used to be worried about taking a break from blogging (well, up until now actually), but I don't have to push myself sososooo much. It's very okay to take break.
- Make a list. Okay this is new. You guys might find this weird but I do list down the things that I love about blogging in my little notebook because I want to focus and zoom in on the bright side of it. It actually helped me to enjoy blogging once again! I love making lists and once I'm done I will read them over and over until I get all giddy again. Then, and only then my brain can function and blogging again.
- Try and find new post ideas. If I don't want to work on my drafts, I will simply Google and try to find awesome blog post ideas so that I get inspired and motivated. #GoogleIsMyBestFriend
- Push myself but not too much. At the end of the day, I still have to push myself a bit too. However, I don't want blogging to become a chore or a hateful reminder of something I have to do. I do pushed myself (like what I'm doing now) but I'm not giving my 100% effort in it. I mean I still have to put up a new content on my blog or else people might think I'm dead.
Have you ever fallen into a blogging slump? How did you escape from it? Tell me in the comments!